enabling research and journal presentation, the staff email module give all staff access to create, Login and manage their webmail
Welcome To Edo State College of Education
To deliver highly competitive, research-based academic programs for the professionalization of the teaching profession in Edo State to meet global standards.
EDOCOE is founded on the desire to achieve educational reforms in the State, utilizing the facilities of the pre-existed campuses in Abudu, Afuze, and Igueben. It is a reflection of the intentions, expectations, goals, standards, and requirements for quality education delivery. In line with Governor Godwin Obaseki’s desire and commitment to improve the quality of Education in Edo State, this multi-campus State College of Education System with Specialization in various fields was established.
EDSG signed a Law for the creation of the Edo State College of Education in December 2020 with the policy thrust to
- Produce teachers who possess the spirit of inquiry, creativity and self-reliance in teaching, intellectual and professional ability adequate for leadership in Edo State.
- Train teachers that will adjust rightly to the social life of the community and the society at large in contributing to development and sustainability in the State.
- Be committed to developing and delivering an improved STEM and Liberal Educational Curriculum.
- Produce teachers who will have absolute commitment to the teaching profession by fostering integrity, discipline, honour, respect and professionalism.
Prof. Osagie O. Roseline Ph.D
Ag. Provost Edo State College of Education, Edo State.
To deliver highly competitive, research based academic programmes for the professionalization of the teaching profession in Edo State to meet global standards.
To be a top ranked public College of Education, engage in the production of quality teaching manpower, research and community services in Nigeria.
Produce teachers who possess the spirit of inquiry, creativity and self-reliance in teaching, intellectual and professional ability adequate for leadership in Edo State.
The cardinal objectives of the new College include amongst others, viz:
- Create and sustain a highly-motivated, professional and practical-Oriented teaching workforce that is tailored towards STEM, Libral and skills-based education;
- Produce pedagogically qualitative, innovative, competitive, skills-Based, research-intensive academic programme
- Transcend mere certification of students who attend schools in Edo State, but inculcate in them the spirit of entrepreneurship and self-reliance, etc.
College Principal Officers
Prof. Roseline Osagie
Ekhovbiye O. Michael
Dr. Christian Iyafekha (Ph.D)
Unuabor S. Omodiale
EDOCOE News Update
The Management of Edo State College of Education is Pleased to Announce the…
The First Semester examination for NCE I student beings on the 12th of…
The 2022/2023 academic session second semester resumes on the 25th of October 2023,…
The 2022/2023 maiden academic activities has fully resumes in the college campuses
- 10:00am8:30pm(April 10, 2024)
2022/2023 Maiden Matriculation Ceremony is to ne held on the 24th of august 2023 at the college main campus Igueben and The Executive Governor Godwin Obasike is the special guest of Honor, Join us to…
- 11:00am1:30pm(August 25, 2023)